Put Extensions in Short Hair – in 3 Easy Steps!
Did you know that you can totally rock hair extensions even if you have short hair? Yes, you heard it right! Contrary to popular belief, extensions can work wonders for adding length and volume to your short locks.
In this article, we’ll delve into the world of hair extensions and show you how to effortlessly transform your short hair into a glamorous mane.
Get ready to put extensions in short hair and embrace a whole new level of confidence!
How to put extensions in short hair?
To put hair extensions in short hair, begin by preparing your natural hair. Section it off and make sure it’s clean and dry.
Then, take the extension and position it near the roots of your hair, securing it with clips or tape. Repeat this process until all the extensions are in place.
Step 1: Prepare your natural hair
Start by washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove any product buildup before putting in hair extensions. This step is crucial in ensuring that your natural hair is clean and ready for the extensions.
Once your hair is clean, follow these three steps to prepare your natural hair for extensions:
- Trim your ends: It’s important to have healthy hair before installing extensions. If your hair has split ends or is damaged, trim them off to promote hair growth and prevent further breakage.
- Deep condition: Apply a deep conditioning treatment to your hair to nourish and moisturize it. This will help strengthen your natural hair and provide a good foundation for the extensions.
- Protect your natural hair: Before installing the extensions, use a heat protectant spray to shield your hair from any heat styling tools. This will minimize damage and maintain the health of your natural hair.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your natural hair is properly prepared for extensions, allowing you to achieve the desired length and style without compromising the health of your hair. Remember to always take care of your natural hair by using appropriate hair care products and accessories.
Step 2: Put extension in hair and repeat the process
You can easily achieve longer and fuller hair by putting the extension in your hair and repeating the process.
When it comes to extension placement, there are a few options to consider for short hair. Clip-in extensions are a popular choice as they can be easily attached and removed. Tape-in extensions are another option, providing a more seamless blend with your natural hair. It’s important to choose the right type of hair extensions that match your hair texture and color.
Blending short hair with extensions requires skillful layering and cutting to create a seamless look. To maintain your short hair extensions, regular washing and conditioning is necessary.
Styling options for short hair extensions are versatile, allowing you to experiment with different hairstyles like updos, ponytails, and braids. With the right techniques and products, you can confidently rock your short hair extensions.
Step 3: Cut and style
Once you have successfully put in the hair extensions, the next step is to cut and style them for a seamless blend with your natural hair. This crucial step is what’ll elevate your look and give you that powerful, confident edge.
Here are some cutting techniques, styling options, and blending methods to consider:
- Cutting Techniques:
- Feathering: This technique involves cutting the extensions and your natural hair in a way that creates soft, blended layers.
- Texturizing: By texturizing the extensions, you can add movement and dimension to your hairstyle.
- Blunt Cutting: This technique creates a clean, sharp look and is ideal for those who prefer a sleek appearance.
- Styling Options:
- Straight and Sleek: Use a flat iron to achieve a sleek, polished look that’s perfect for professional settings or formal events.
- Soft Waves: Create loose waves using a curling iron or hot rollers for a more relaxed, romantic vibe.
- Updos: Experiment with different updo styles such as a bun, ponytail, or braids to add versatility to your look.
- Blending Methods:
- Color Matching: Choose extensions that closely match your natural hair color for a seamless blend.
- Layering: Layering the extensions with your natural hair will help create a seamless transition and prevent any noticeable lines.
- Texturizing: Use a texturizing spray or powder to add texture to the extensions and your natural hair, allowing them to blend effortlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Different Types of Hair Extensions That Can Be Used in Short Hair?
To achieve a seamless blend with short hair, the best methods for blending extensions include tape-ins. While tape-ins have pros like easy application and removal, there are cons like potential damage. Choosing the right color and texture is crucial, and proper maintenance is key. Celebrities who have successfully rocked short hair extensions include Rihanna and Jennifer Lawrence.
Can Hair Extensions Damage Short Hair?
Yes, hair extensions can potentially damage short hair. It is important to weigh the pros and cons, blend the extensions seamlessly, choose the right length, avoid common mistakes, and use styling techniques to enhance the look.
How Long Do Hair Extensions Usually Last in Short Hair?
Proper care and a consistent maintenance routine are essential to make hair extensions last in short hair. The removal process should be gentle, and blending techniques can help achieve a seamless look. Recommended products can enhance durability.
Can You Style Short Hair Extensions in Different Ways?
Yes, you can style short hair extensions in various ways. There are numerous styling tips available to help you achieve the desired look. Consider the best brands, maintenance tips, pros and cons, and cost considerations before making a decision.
Are Hair Extensions Noticeable in Short Hair?
Yes, hair extensions are noticeable in short hair. However, with the right styling options, blending techniques, and proper care, you can achieve a natural and seamless look. Explore the pros and cons and discover the best methods for short hair extensions.
In conclusion, while it’s possible to put extensions in short hair, it may require some additional techniques and expertise.
It’s important to consult with a professional hairstylist who specializes in extensions to ensure a seamless and natural look.
With the right guidance and proper application, extensions can add volume and length to short hair, transforming your hairstyle and giving you the desired look you want.